- xumanudiAsked on September 08, 2015 at 08:58 PM
I'm having problems integrating with Google Spreadsheet
see the pictures, the issue date and time
- CharlieAnswered on September 09, 2015 at 02:02 AM
Apologies for the inconvenience. Could you try the following:
1. Try resetting the Time Format and Time Zone in your account settings
2. After that, try removing the integration then re-integrate it again. When you re-integrate, all of the submissions will automatically be loaded in your new spreadsheet.
3. After that, in your new spreadsheet, navigate to File->Spreadsheet Settings
Here, make sure to set the "Locale" and "Time Zone" dropdowns.
Save the changes and make a test submission.
Let us know if that works.
- xumanudiAnswered on September 09, 2015 at 09:52 AM
I've done this procedure and did not solve the problem.
I need a solution
- CharlieAnswered on September 09, 2015 at 11:26 AM
Apologies for the inconvenience.
Could you also try this one:
On this column where the date is, navigate to Format->Number->Choose a DateTime format.
See if that will give you a better result.
I will also forward this to our developers to have it checked. We will update you on this thread when we hear any news.
- xumanudiAnswered on September 10, 2015 at 09:58 PM
I did all of these procedures, and the problem NOT resolved.
I created a new form with only date and time.
and made integration with google spreadsheet
and it did not work, the date and time
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 11, 2015 at 04:22 AM
This issue has been escalated to our Development team and is marked as "Very Important" priority. One of our developers is currently working on this bug. You will be updated here once the issue is fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
Do let us know if you need further assistance.
- xumanudiAnswered on September 11, 2015 at 07:54 PM
What is the time to solve the problem?
- alp_denizAnswered on September 11, 2015 at 11:03 PM
The problem is known and we are currently waiting for a component update to be able enable you to initiate integration with pre-formatted rows in case you have a locale set or an app clearing the format of the sheet. This will solve the issue here.
I will work on it to complete it in a week and let you know right after.
Thank you for your patience
- xumanudiAnswered on September 13, 2015 at 09:20 PM
- BorisAnswered on September 14, 2015 at 09:22 AM
Our colleague Alp is not online at the moment to confirm, but I can see that this bug is still marked as opened. I believe that our developers are still waiting for that component update, in order to complete things up on our end.
We will definitely let you know through this thread as soon as it is finished. Thank you.
- xumanudiAnswered on September 21, 2015 at 03:19 PM
What reason for the delay to solve the problem? sincerely, I will look for another form system.
- alp_denizAnswered on September 21, 2015 at 03:43 PM
Please accept our humble apologies for the frustration. The solution have been implemented but was waiting for the component update -new integration wizard. I will make sure it is implemented today into the current wizard.
- alp_denizAnswered on September 21, 2015 at 05:06 PM
"Pre-format" option is now added to Google Spreadsheets integration, in order to bypass locale issues and insert pre-formatted rows.
I hope it works for you. Please let us know your thoughts.