- HTLFMarketingAsked on September 10, 2015 at 11:16 AM
I know you can set up multiple people to receive the completed form, but my question is can you have multiple people set up, but only one person gets the notification based on what is selected in a drop down field?
- bradrobersonAnswered on September 10, 2015 at 01:23 PM
I've done something like this in a form that I created. Based on the selection made in a drop down, change the value of a field that contains an email address to the matching email address for the selection. That field is then referenced in the notification email.
One of the JotForm team will probably have an example to show you. If not, I can try to take a snap shot of my form.
- bradrobersonAnswered on September 10, 2015 at 01:38 PM
It's actually a type of condition that changes where the submission email is sent. Here's a screenshot that should help.
Again, the JotForm team is great. They'll probably improve on my answer.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on September 10, 2015 at 05:13 PM
As mentioned by Brad, some conditions would need to be set to send emails based on the dropdown field selection as below :
This is a direct method that helps when you have minimum email addresses. If you have more email addresses or more options in the drop down, please follow the method below :
1. Assign the email addresses to the dropdown as calculation values
2. Add a new email field to the form and then a condition using Update a form field value to pass the selected value to the email field
3. Now, get the email field name and set the field as recipient email address in the notification.
4. Finish your wizard and save your JotForm.
Let us know if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.