- JamieAsked on September 10, 2015 at 11:44 AM
We are looking into doing online forms for an acupuncture clinic for intake. The forms would need to be HIPAA compliant so as not to share valuable personal information. Is this something we can do with JotForm?
- SammyAnswered on September 10, 2015 at 02:20 PM
JotForm doesn't currently hold a HIPAA compliance certificate at the moment.
You can however use jotform in a HIPAA compliant way, to be able to achieve this ensure the form you create meets these requirements.
1. Always share your forms using the secure embed method which utilizes SSL.
2. Edit email notifications to not include any data submitted by the person filling the form.
3. We also have a form encryption feature that allows you to store the data in encrypted format on jotform.
Kindly read this thread form more information about making your forms HIPAA compliant.
This guide will provide you with additional information form encryption
If you have any question regarding this please let us know and we will gladly provide more insight.