- vertumniAsked on September 10, 2015 at 11:53 AM
Sadly, the Submission PDF Editor is extremely glitchy. I have spent entirely too much time customizing only to have the work I've done get completely jumbled up and unreadable. Current issues include:
* Headings & Submissions do not auto-size to fit the text. Text overlaps and is completely unreadable.
* Unable to edit Heading text. Report does not require full text but there is no way to simplify (e.g. Question is "Do you plan to hand water your garden, or would you be interested in an irrigation system?" I would like the report to simply note the question as "Irrigation?")
* Ability to edit added Extra Text is completely unreliable. Sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't.
* Fields do not stay where you put them. The final output does not match the layout in the PDF Editor. I have swapped the locations in an attempt to work around this issue, but that seems to be only a temporary fix.
Is there a preferred browser? I've tried Chrome and Safari so far, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. The ability to edit the Submission PDF is a wonderful idea. I hope it works soon!
- BenAnswered on September 10, 2015 at 02:36 PM
The Submissions PDF Editor is a new feature so it is bound to be updated often to resolve all reported bugs and issues, as well as to add new features to it.
Now in regards to the above, would you please try using FireFox just to see if it is working for you there. When I tested the same (and I always use FireFox) it seemed to work properly for me.
Once you do, please do update us and we would be happy to raise this to our developers with that info as well.
- vertumniAnswered on September 10, 2015 at 04:34 PM
I just tried FireFox and am unable to click on the "Customize PDF" button for some reason. I tried a different computer with the same results.
- BenAnswered on September 10, 2015 at 05:39 PM
Oh, OK. Thank you for adding that info. I am now raising this to our developers so that they can take a look into all the issues and see what can be done.
As soon as they have any updates on this, they will update you about it through this thread.