- lafhab2Asked on September 10, 2015 at 01:50 PMbut there's one small thing still wrong - I am using images for radio buttons, and this field is not being sent by email or to google sheets. This field of radio buttons has labels. I have tried to check this but there appears to be an issue with the backend because currently the 'compose email' lightbox window does not open (on ANY form), it just keeps saying 'please wait' but that's another issue!
- CharlieAnswered on September 10, 2015 at 02:26 PM
I went ahead and cloned your form. Check how it works here: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/52525902027955. If you want to use it instead, you can clone my form and see how I set it up, here's a guide on how to clone my form: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Unfortunately, the images won't be passed in the Google Spreadsheet, however, they will be visible in the email and in the submissions page.
Here are the changes that I made:
1. Instead of hiding the specific fields, I used a form collapse field to divide them by section/group, I then hide/show the form collapse instead. I used form collapse so that we can avoid the form to return a blank value when it is hidden, it seems like widgets returns a blank value when they are hidden.
2. I changed the conditions from using "contains" to "is equal to". "Contains" seems to be more less accurate and you declared the name values in lower case (ex. ben instead of Bev).
Regarding this issue:
"I have tried to check this but there appears to be an issue with the backend because currently the 'compose email' lightbox window does not open (on ANY form), it just keeps saying 'please wait' but that's another issue!"
I'm not sure if I understand that correctly. Are you embedding the form in your website?
I hope that helps.
- lafhab2Answered on September 11, 2015 at 08:19 AM
Thank you for your reply, I couldn't fully follow your instructions so I opted to clone the form as suggestedhowever I am having a strange experience with that. Following the instructions on cloning a form I clicked on the cloned form, copied the URL and did Create Form > Import > From a webpage and pasted the link, however the form that opens is not this one (clone of the...) but another existing form of mine 'CC GB3A' - can you please replicate this issue and advise?
- CharlieAnswered on September 11, 2015 at 10:33 AM
You can navigate to "My Forms" and see that the cloned form was added to your account.
But I was able to replicate the problem, I opened a separate thread for it so that we can further investigate, please refer to this link instead: http://www.jotform.com/answers/660046.
Apologies if my guide was quite blurry, here's how I set it up:
1. I added each section with a Form Collapse field. I set the status to "Open" and the visibility to "Hidden". To learn more about the form collapse, you can check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/297-Show-or-Hide-multiple-fields-at-once-using-form-collapse-tool. What we want to do is wrap the fields in a form collapse, then we will use the conditional logic to show/hide the collapse field instead of the actual widgets and input fields.
Here's the section where I added another form collapse field to wrap the "Student Service" check box. Do the same with the Stylist check box option.
Here is the final form collapse.
2. In the conditional logic, here's how I set it up.
You'll see that I'm using "Is Equal To" in the rules for the options in the "Barber". I then show/hide the collapse field instead.
I updated the form, you can check it here: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/52525902027955. The name of my form is Edited "The Barbers Leeds EPOS3". When you clone it, it will be named as Clone of Edited "The Barbers Leeds EPOS3".
I hope that helps.