- jonesvAsked on September 10, 2015 at 05:02 PM
I want the customer to pay the fee charged by Paypal as a convenience Fee. How do i add that to my form?
This is a re-post of a comment on Setting Up Your First Order Form
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 10, 2015 at 11:29 PM
You can simply add another product to your payment field and label it Paypal fee, then make this product required so it can't be unchecked. I think this is the easiest workaround.
Let us know if you have further questions.
- jonesvAnswered on September 11, 2015 at 12:46 AMHow do I make it a percent of the total?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 11, 2015 at 04:45 AM
It's not possible on that workaround.
How about using Tax as an alternative? This will be automatically added to the total value of the selected products.
Then change the word Tax to Paypal fee.
As a result:
Note: Tax will be forwarded on Paypal as Tax not Paypal fee.
Hope this helps!
- jonesvAnswered on September 11, 2015 at 08:46 AMI did that. I used the tax as an alternative and use custom to change the word tax to Convenience Fee, but when it goes to PayPal it shows up as Tax.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 11, 2015 at 01:55 PM
As explained by my colleague "Note: Tax will be forwarded on Paypal as Tax not Paypal fee." Besides this workaround, there is no other option to accomplish it with the integration.
- kingkestAnswered on September 11, 2015 at 02:01 PM
Just a thought, if you were to put a sub label that says Paypal fee included and just include the percentage fee in the price.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 11, 2015 at 09:19 PM
Thank you for the input. In case you have inquiry of your own please create a separate post about it.
You can use this http://www.jotform.com/contact/