- taxproezAsked on January 04, 2012 at 08:05 AM
I read your information about passing variables using the URL. I would like to use JotForm to pass a hidden field to my sales page. However, it appears the only way to use this feature is to link to a standalone form. Is there a way to use this feature to post the field to a page? I have set up a test form at www.1sttuesday.org/test.html. However, I cannot get this feature to work.
Gary LaRoyPage URL:
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 04, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Hello Gary, when passing data via URL parameters, you should not include the 1st few characters until the underscore. so if your form field is q15_yourName[first], you should only use q15_"yourName[first]".
So for the URL of your form, you can try this example parameter:
I have highlighted the field names so that you will have a better idea on how to implement this on your other forms (if you have any that will need this procedure).
- taxproezAnswered on January 04, 2012 at 03:46 PMThat is working. However, I tried to transmit a hidden field for Source and that did not come through. The URL I submitted was as follows:
Description: taxproez Description: LinkedIn
Gary J. LaRoy
2007 Old Hickory Blvd.
Old Hickory, TN 37138
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on January 04, 2012 at 05:16 PM
The following URL is working fine, please note the lowercase s in source.
Please check it from your side, and let us know if you need any further assistance.
Thank you for using our services.
- taxproezAnswered on January 04, 2012 at 05:26 PMI caught the error just before I got your message.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on January 04, 2012 at 05:28 PM
It is nice to hear that the problem is solved.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.