- woodacresptaAsked on September 10, 2015 at 09:24 PM
Hello! I need to be able to cap the number of tickets purchased for an elementary school dance party. There will be both adult and student tickets and multiple tickets can be purchased at one time.
I found the ticket counter widget and added that to my form, but I do not know how to connect that widget with the number of tickets selected. I have provided a link to the form below. Any guidance you can provide would be great. Thank you!
- CharlieAnswered on September 11, 2015 at 04:25 AM
I cloned your form and made changes on it in my end.
Here's how I setup my form:
1. First, I used the Inventory widget. I separated the Adults and Kids to two separate Inventory widgets.
2. I then added Form calculation widget, we want to get the number of ticket then multiply it on the price.
3. In this example, get the number of ticket from "Adults" field (Inventory widget) then multiply it on the price. (Number of ticket * 10 dollars). Now do the same on the "Kids" ticket.
4. After that, we will add a third form calculation widget, we will sum the "Adults (Total)" and "Kids (Total)".
5. This is the sum of the two form calculation.
6. Now after that, we can now pass the total field in your payment integration, you can follow this guide to do that: http://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field
7. We don't want to show the "Adults (Total)" and "Kids (Total)" in the preview of the live form, so we will hide it. But for testing and demo purposes, I did not hide mine.
I hope that helps.