- constellationapproachAsked on September 15, 2015 at 11:11 AM
Hi- I asked this question last week and still need help as I have not received a response:
As of 9/10/15 I am no longer receiving my notification emails when people submit my form and some of my auto-responder forms to them are also not being sent. As far as I know the forms and emails worked fine until 9/10/15.
Please help me with this. I checked to see if the emails were being sent and it says they were but I did not receive them and I checked with one of my clients and she did not receive the email that was supposed to be sent to her.
I am confused as to what to do to fix this. I have tried looking at the user guide but do not understand some of the thigs to do such as the white-list. The sent from and reply to emails are our won not jotform.
The 3 forms with issues are:
2015-2016 Seminar Registration & Payment
2015-2016 TCA Immersion Program Registration
Immersion Program Payment 2015-2016
My website with them is: www.constellationapproach.com
And the webpages of the forms are:
I also have received an error message while trying to load one of the pages with a form a few times which has never happened before.
Thank you for help with this, as it is very important that I receive the email notifications when forms are submitted and that my users receive the email responses with information they need.Page URL:
- BenAnswered on September 15, 2015 at 01:47 PM
I see your other thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/660181 and I do see that it was not replied for some reason, and I do apologize for this, we always reply to each and every thread.
Now, I took a look at your account and I see that there are many test notifications that have been sent (emails sent when clicking Test Email button).
Looking at your forms:
- Both notifier and autoresponder are set to send over the verified sender email. To resolve this you should either use SMTP or email@example.com.
- Seems that the issue is the same as for the above form.
- Your email notification is using Custom Sender through verified email method. Please do replace it with the SMTP or by trying to send the email notification to yourself from firstname.lastname@example.org instead.
- I see that there are 3 autoresponders, but all of them conditional. Please do note that the conditional emails are only sent if the condition(s) is exactly / fully matched, otherwise it is not.
We always suggest to try to add one non conditional email autoresponder to see if it is delivered and if it is then something is with the conditions.
*Please do let us know if these are not the forms with the issue
Now in regards to the the above, the following guides should be of help:
If you have Mandril Account, you could also check out this guide instead of the direct SMTP setup: How to use Mandrill to Send Emails From Your Own Email Address
Do let us know how it goes.
- constellationapproachAnswered on September 15, 2015 at 04:10 PM
I have successfully added an SMTP email for those 3 forms and a few other ones. But I do have a few questions regarding a few other forms that seem to have "select email" for the sender email section. Do I need to set up an SMTP email for those to work or should I be okay using email@example.com?
I'm concerned that with nothing selected the emails won't get sent. Please advise.
- BenAnswered on September 15, 2015 at 05:25 PM
Our developers have been working on this to try and resolve it. Before I made my earlier reply it was resolved to some extent, but it is very likely that it will be worked on in these next few days to make sure that it is properly working.
So what I would suggest is to change them all to noreply just in case. It can be @jotform.com or @formreponse.com or the SMTP setup - depending on what you prefer.
However since you have set the SMTP once, it should be available for you to simply select it on other forms.