- ShentechAsked on January 05, 2012 at 11:24 AM
I had this form set up with a limited number of submissions. However, when I go under preferences now, there is no option for Submission Number Limite or Expire Date.
- AtacanCAnswered on January 05, 2012 at 12:57 PM
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by the disabling of this feature. Our developers are still fixing problems that arose from the implementation of this feature. It is of utmost importance to make sure that it will not cause critical issues for our users once it is re-enabled.
You will be notified when this option is reactivated.
- micahwilsonAnswered on February 02, 2012 at 02:26 PM
What is status of this. I really need this feature. Client will be signning up to $10/month plan but not if we can't get this to work. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 02, 2012 at 02:48 PM
I hate to say this but this feature might not be re-enabled soon. I just had an exchange with one of our developers, and the problem with this feature is that it causes our database to malfunction.
Their course of action is to redesign JotForm's mySQL database, and knowing how big our database is, it might take a pretty long while. Not to mention that a redesign can potentially cause data corruption, so extreme care must be taken to complete this process.
To make the long story short, it might take a while to bring this feature back. My guess-timate is half a year or probably longer.
Sorry about that.
- nbkac2rAnswered on March 31, 2012 at 08:42 PM
Is this feature still disabled?
This is a very core feature of any event sign up form, I am not going to sit up and watch my registrations until the number cap is hit and hope for the best. We are looking for a form service for our event registrations, and if this feature is not avaliable we will be seeking a different service.
I find it dissapointing that we pay for this service and such a simple function is not avaliable. Please fix this, we really don't want to have to pay for two form services just because we can't do event signups here.
- fxrAnswered on March 31, 2012 at 10:06 PM
This feature is not available at the moment.
I have flagged your comments to 2nd level.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 02, 2012 at 04:56 AM
Thanks for the reminder. We had to disable this feature for performance reasons and forgot to resolve the problem later. We have added this to our queue. We will look into it in the coming weeks.
- markashtonAnswered on April 09, 2012 at 01:36 PM
Yeah, that would be great if you could look into this "in the coming weeks".
This is a great implementation. But I think it has limited use in its current state.
Just to flag this up again. I think there is great value in being able to:
1) Control the number of submissions per form per month
2) Being alerted to the fact that a limit is to be reached.
At Jotform you have a business model that is subscription-based and based on number of submissions. Why wouldn't everyone else want that if it's the most appropriate business model for you?
Anyone who likes this - giving you the ability to run a subscription-based business - please post here.
many thanks, Regards Mark
- webministerAnswered on April 09, 2012 at 06:18 PM
The submission limit is a core feature of every online form... How can Jotforms not have it???
- bartprescottAnswered on April 13, 2012 at 05:35 PM
I really need this feature too! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring it back soon!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 13, 2012 at 06:17 PM
Thank you for the update. Make this +1 on the request.
You will be inform for updates on this.
- dave edmondsAnswered on April 13, 2012 at 08:27 PM
Thanks for the update....
Please let me know when this feature has been added...
- webministerAnswered on April 13, 2012 at 08:34 PM
we're had 394 views on this post... looks like a few people are interested in having this feature.
- nbkac2rAnswered on May 01, 2012 at 12:24 AM
We have an event coming up in about 3 weeks where we need a form with limited submissions. Is there any chance this feature will find its way back? If not we will have to start searching for a different form builder.
I am still extremely suprised we have to request to have this feature at all.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on May 01, 2012 at 04:07 AM
We understand your eagerness to rush to this step, but as of now we do not have any idea when this feature will be re-implemented. Don't you worry as we will keep you updated on this. I'm sure our developers are now giving attention on this matter.
Thanks for your understanding.
- 24hourtradingAnswered on June 28, 2012 at 10:50 AM
We need this feature as soon as possible. It is the only thing holding JotForms back at present - we need an upper limit on popular registration forms, or there'll be problems!
- emrew86Answered on September 05, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Hi Shentech, this feature is enable again...