- grade4pagasaAsked on September 18, 2015 at 12:33 PM
related to @wsfarm's solution above, is there a way to retrieve the date AND time and store it in the textbox?
i've tried dateString but it only shows the Day of week and the date (no time shown) even though the source indicated in the form calculation is from a date and time field.
- CharlieAnswered on September 18, 2015 at 12:59 PM
Unfortunately, the dateString only converts the DateTime value to a date string (without the time).
However, I do have a workaround but the datetime will be displayed similar to this one:
Sunday 09/20/2015 1:00 AM
Here's a sample form that I cloned from your latest one: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/52605494233959?
Basically we have 3 fields:
1. "Day" is a text box field, I used conditional logic to fill this up based from the "DateString" field.
2. "DateString" is a form calculation widget that uses the dateString function
3. "DateTime String" is a form calculation where I combine "Day" field and the text value of "Current Date & Time".
You can clone my form to see how it works. If that will not work, we can forward this to our widget team to include the "time" value in the dateString function, but this will be forwarded as a feature request instead.
I hope that helps. Let us know what you think and if you need more help on the workaround.
- grade4pagasaAnswered on September 18, 2015 at 01:29 PM
thanks Charlie !
was piggy backing on BJoanna's solution & trying to add a message letting the user know the ideal date and time to set an appointment based on limits.
- ShadaeAnswered on September 18, 2015 at 04:45 PM
On behalf of my colleague, you are most welcome. We are happy to hear that this work around worked for you.
Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance.