- TDAHelpdeskAsked on September 18, 2015 at 01:41 PM
Will changing the time zone on a form template affect the previously submitted forms?
- BenAnswered on September 18, 2015 at 04:55 PM
Before saying yes or no, I would only like to confirm that we are thinking about the same thing here.
Can you please tell me if by time zone you mean the account time zone?
The one on Account -> Settings -> Time Zone https://www.jotform.com/myaccount/settings
Since you say time zone on a form, I presume that you mean something else instead.
Once we know more we would be able to better assist you and reply back with more details.
- TDAHelpdeskAnswered on September 22, 2015 at 12:00 PM
I do, in fact, mean the account time zone since there is no way to set the time zone when building the form as local time within the form could mean the person filling out and submitting the form time is or if the local time is defendant on the time in place by the owner of the account?
I recently changed the time zone from EST to CHICAGO/CST time zone. So, my question is if that action affected the time displayed on previously submitted forms. It appears that it does not affect those forms. I'd like confirmation if my assumption is correct or not.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 22, 2015 at 01:20 PM
1. Submissions Date is base on your Profile Time Zone not on the users time who submitted the form.
2. Yes the existing submissions date will be automatically converted base on the time zone you've set on your profile. I am referring to the submissions date on your form submissions page.
If you have further questions, do let us know.