- SpertusAsked on September 21, 2015 at 04:16 PM
There are several people who receive submissions from our Jotform account. Each one of us is getting submissions where the email of the sender appears as someone else and NOT Jotform. It's not Zimbra, our email system, and it's not browser specific.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 21, 2015 at 07:29 PM
There are two possible reasons why.
1. It is because the name field from your form is used as the Sender Name that's why it is taking the name from the user who submitted the form.
2. Or, it is because you have added the firstname.lastname@example.org in your contact list with a specific name on your email client.
Kindly check and review. Thanks!
- SpertusAnswered on September 24, 2015 at 11:00 AM
That's sort of helpful. The issue is that NO ONE in our system OR anyone submitting some forms has the email "HALEE SAGE"
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 24, 2015 at 01:25 PM
The only thing I can think of would be because you have added the email@example.com in your contact list with a specific name on your email client as my colleague suggested. If the name entered in the form is not Halee Sage, the name may have been associated with the address "firstname.lastname@example.org" in your contact list. Each email would then show up as being from "Halee Sage" due to the address being already associated with that name.
Check your email contact list for the name or the address to see if anything comes up. As far as the notification is concerned, it should only show that name if it was entered in the form in the "Your Name" field.