- realestatecoachAsked on September 23, 2015 at 03:35 PM
I sent an email form in, though not sure which is the better way. I am trying to upload a photo. I tried both jpeg and png neither seems to upload.
I noticed that if I choose to keep private and save it does not give me a "next" option to upload a photo. If I go to public it does give me the next option but as I mentioned above none of the photos seem to upload. I'm not sure if it is too large, too small or just not responding.I'll attach it here if that helps. I called the Themes "Beautiful Home" There also does not appear to be any way to "Delete" the bad themes. Is there a way on my end?
Thank you for you help!
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on September 23, 2015 at 06:41 PM
I was able to reproduce the issue with theme preview images. It seems that autogenerated images are not loading properly and upload option is not working either.
A bug report ticket has been attached to this thread, so we will let you know once we have any updates.
The second question has been moved into a separate thread.
We will get back to you quickly.
- realestatecoachAnswered on September 23, 2015 at 07:47 PMThank you so much for looking into this so promptly!
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on September 25, 2015 at 06:37 PM
As far as I understand, when you save a private theme, the system is supposed to automatically generate preview images, and when you save a public theme, you can additionally upload your custom preview images. The problem is that autogenerated images are not currently working right.
If you publish a theme, you should be able to manage images. Here is a quick animation.
I have noticed that image width should be less than 1600 pixels, for example 1599 pixels should be fine.
We do not have updates on the ticket, but we will let you know if we have any news.
- BrettAnswered on September 28, 2015 at 04:03 PM
Just thought I would check back in on this ticket to see if there were any updates
- realestatecoachAnswered on September 28, 2015 at 07:49 PM
Is there a way for now to use something like Photobuck and use the code to be added to the code of these forms for now?
- CharlieAnswered on September 29, 2015 at 01:48 AM
Unfortunately, you'll need to upload the file image directly to be used as a preview image on the theme.
So far this is how I see the problem and how to resolve it:
1. If we set the privacy of the theme to "Show only to me" and save the changes.
2. After that, edit the theme again but now choose "Publish on Theme Store".
3. You will then see the preset screenshots but they are broken.
4. Now, upload the image you want to make as a preview, after uploading make sure to delete the broken images.
5. After saving the theme, you should be able to see the preview image correctly.
As you have already mentioned, it seems like there's a problem when setting up the theme to "Show only to me" that affects the preset of the "Publish on Theme store".
I hope that will work as a temporarily solution, I see that this problem is already being taken care of by one of our developers, we should hear from him directly when this has been fixed.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
- realestatecoachAnswered on September 29, 2015 at 04:16 PM
Hey Guys, Charlie,
Well it looks pretty simple by your explanation. 1. Create Theme 2. Save to Show Private Only 3. Open the form back up and Save to Public 4. Click next upload the photo and delete the broken images. 5. Save Theme and we should be good to go... :-/ I tried that about 4 times and now unfortunately I've got 4 forms with the same thing. Though as I tried it again, the broken images then turned to images of the forms themselves as you will see in my themes section. I couldn't get it to work. No doubt I tried. Thanks for your help! I'm sure we'll get it soon
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on September 29, 2015 at 04:50 PM
What are the dimensions of your image(s)?
It seems that images with width larger or equal to 1600 pixels are not being accepted by upload tool. I am currently able to upload images on my side.
- realestatecoachAnswered on September 29, 2015 at 04:58 PM
The one I was using was a screen shot of the original on a macbook pro So the one in the themes is 991x659
The original photo is 2488x1648
I started trying to use the screen shot after the trouble we first ran into. Should I be using the larger one? Original?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 30, 2015 at 02:21 AM
The smaller one would be better as it is smaller than 1600 pixels. We'll inform you once this issue is fixed as there were some additional details about the issue.
- BrettAnswered on October 01, 2015 at 11:17 AM
Is it possible to have you upload 1 theme for me on your end using the photo I sent for now? This way I could at least while we are waiting build the forms I have. Also, can themes apply to Multi-step forms too?
- CharlieAnswered on October 01, 2015 at 12:31 PM
As much as possible, we avoid making changes directly on the user's account to avoid unnecessary changes.
You can continue building your forms, adding images on them and applying different styles using the Form Designer Tool, the form that has that design can be converted to a theme at a later time on existing forms.
I believe the problem here is related to the preview screenshots of the themes, but you can still create forms and design it using the Form Designer Tool. Or am I missing something?
Do let us know if you need more information on this.
- realestatecoachAnswered on October 01, 2015 at 12:50 PM
Yes, I can still make the forms that works great.I have been trying to add the background photo using Themes that is essential to the campaign I am running. The theme of the photos won't upload and load correctly as you can see in the above threads.
It sounded however that when someone on your end tried they found a way to make it work.
But until it is fixed (and they said it was being worked on) there is no way for me to get that photo in the background. Does this make sense?
- CharlieAnswered on October 01, 2015 at 02:24 PM
Thank you for the confirmation. It seems like you want to add a background image on the actual form. This thread focuses on the issue regarding the "Themes" section, to avoid confusion and so that we can better assist you, I went ahead and opened a separate thread for your other concern, please refer to this link: http://www.jotform.com/answers/674687. We will address it shortly.
Thank you for understanding.