- nmoore1127Asked on September 23, 2015 at 11:55 PM
is there any way to improve the way matrix results look in the notification emails. The text is too small. The columns are no longer styled with css so they are all the the same width.
I spent lot lot of time setting up a matrix as a quote form with form calculations and conditions but I may not be able to use it because the notifier looks so bad.
- CharlieAnswered on September 24, 2015 at 09:26 AM
I cloned your form and made a test submission in my end.
Unfortunately, the matrix field cannot be styled as they are generated when the email is received.
What I can recommend is that you output each text box in the matrix field on a text box field, then use that to manually recreate the matrix table in the email notification.
Here's an example:
1. I'll add a text box for the cell in column 1 row 1 and output it there.
2. Here's how I will fetch and output it
Note: You can change the value from a numeric to a text string value by clicking "0-9" on the field, it will then be switched to "a-z".
3. From there, you can use the text box value of "QuantityRow1" in the email template. You can create your own table and design it.
I hope that helps.
- nmoore1127Answered on September 24, 2015 at 02:09 PM
I'm going to try this – Thanks you!
- BorisAnswered on September 24, 2015 at 04:16 PM
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome.
Please let us know how it goes with setting it up, or don't hesitate to open a new thread if you need any other assistance with your forms.
- CharlieAnswered on September 28, 2015 at 01:15 AM
It seems like the follow up question you have is different from the original topic of this thread, for us to better assist you, I went ahead and opened a separate thread for this. Please refer to this link instead: http://www.jotform.com/answers/671443. We'll address it shortly.