- ReviveKombuchaAsked on September 24, 2015 at 06:22 PM
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 24, 2015 at 11:02 PM
From what I have determined so far, your form http://www.jotformpro.com/form/52578719381972 recently have a test submission. I was able to trace it on the sent Notification email.
[2015-09-24 18:40:24] Submission #318943622161603084 Form #52578719381972 SENT to firstname.lastname@example.org from email@example.com via AMAZONSES
and it seems the submission data was deleted/removed already since it is no longer in the form submission page.
I made a test submission as well and it was successfully submitted. I checked the form submission data, and I see my test submission there.
Was the form embedded on a website?
Can you share to us the URL of your website where the form was used. We can also do test on the actual embedded form if it is embedded.
As far as using the direct URL of the form, there seems to be no problem submitting and getting Noitfication and submission data.
Perhaps you can request from that end-user you mentioned to retry the submission using also a different browser or computer. Perhaps the issue could be also from their end.
Hope this help. Let us know if issue persist.
- ReviveKombuchaAnswered on September 25, 2015 at 05:47 PMThank you for checking. Yes, that first test was from me because an
applicant contacted me saying that he had applied twice for this position.
I immediately got an email with my entry. Here is our website where the job
It's the "Projects & Maintenance Lead" posting.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 25, 2015 at 06:13 PM
Thank you for providing the details.
There was no recorded log also on the Notification email of the submission that the user claims... so, we really do not have data to check at this time if the end-user really did the submission.
Perhaps you can request from the end-user to try again.
Maybe you can offer the direct URL of the form for them to use. Check if they encounter problem submitting the form again.
Let us know if issue persist.
- ReviveKombuchaAnswered on September 25, 2015 at 06:47 PMWell, I am happy to know there is no issue on the website or form itself.
Thank you for looking into this.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 25, 2015 at 06:56 PM
You are quite welcome. =)
Feel free to contact us again anytime for any assistance you need on JotForm.