- macostaAsked on September 28, 2015 at 09:25 AM
I need the senders email to be email supplied in the form by the submitter. This is need so when it comes to our help desk system it creates a ticket for that location. Basically, I need it to be the same as the Reply to email.
This is the only thing holding me up from making the purchase.
How do I do this?
- JotForm DevelopererhanAnswered on September 28, 2015 at 09:40 AM
First of all, we are sorry for the inconvenience. JotForm do not let users to specify unauthorised sender e-mails for notifiers. As you may already know, if we let this kind of actions, our IP addresses get banned by all major e-mail providers.
- macostaAnswered on September 28, 2015 at 09:59 AM
All this request will be from our domain, @capstonelogistics.com. There will not be anything outside of that. We want to use this for help desk submissions and travel request.
Can this be done or does the same apply?
- CharlieAnswered on September 28, 2015 at 11:02 AM
This is possible if you will setup a Mandrill account. Here's the steps you need to do.
1. First, follow this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/236-How-to-use-Mandrill-to-Send-Emails-From-Your-Own-Email-Address
2. We will use your email address setup from Mandrill account to send the notifications via SMTP from your email address, in my case, I will use email@example.com (this email is setup in our Mandrill account). BUT, we want to show that it came from the user's email, right? That is possible, after you setup a Mandrill account for the sender email, another field in your notification settings will be displayed, it will show "From Email". Select the email field in your form.
3. After that, try making a test submission, you should receive the email notification showing that it came from the email of the person who filled out the form.
I hope that helps. Do let us know if you need more information on this.