- wrafterAsked on January 11, 2012 at 09:18 AM
Hi, I notice that every time I create a JotForm and embed it, there is always quite a large piece of white space (in height) above the top of the form, a good 50px or more. Is there any way that I can reduce that whitespace?
(The whitespace always appears between the bottom of the preceeding content (on the site itself) and the top of the form embed script.)
Thanks. (See attached)
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on January 11, 2012 at 09:46 AM
The space can be reduced by 20px if the following CSS is injected:
Adding a margin-top property with a negative value to the above rule will reduce it further. For example, the second declaration of the following rule will reduce the space by a further 10px, making the total reduction 30px:
If you need clarification on anything, do let us know.
- wrafterAnswered on January 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM
That did work, thank you, very solid and informative reply.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on January 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Glad to be of assistance.
- virtualearthAnswered on April 14, 2015 at 10:17 PM
I added the cms above however not getting a result (remove or reduce padding above form).
- yourhiphopbeatsAnswered on April 14, 2015 at 10:40 PM
WWW.youtube.com/YourHipHopBeats WE UPLOAD DAILY!!!
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on April 15, 2015 at 10:52 AM
Brad, your query is moved to a separate thread and shall be addressed there shortly.
- TheCloverClubAnswered on December 15, 2015 at 08:14 PM
I added the following rule to my CSS:
The -50px is perfect for desktop, but my mobile version needs a different padding because the top of the form gets hidden because the -50px padding is too small for mobile.
Please advise how I can fix this.
- TheCloverClubAnswered on December 15, 2015 at 09:24 PM
Nevermind, I fixed it.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on December 16, 2015 at 03:07 AM
We are glad to know that you have fixed the issue yourself.
Do inform us if you have any other questions regarding jotform.
- tps01930Answered on February 15, 2016 at 11:21 AM
I'm having trouble removing this top margin using the information provided above.
- CharlieAnswered on February 15, 2016 at 12:28 PM
I see you already have opened your own separate thread for your concern. Please refer to this link instead: http://www.jotform.com/answers/772585. We will answer your inquiry directly there. Thank you for your understanding.
- pilgrimparkingAnswered on January 17, 2017 at 02:22 PM
UPDATE: I've now asked my below question in a new post here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1037222
As TheCloverClub said, I too am having the issue of the top little bit of my form being cut off when viewed on a mobile device after inserting this CSS code:
padding-top : 0;
margin-top : -60px;
Is there any way to code it so that it reduces the top margin by less on mobile devices? TheCloverClub said he fixed it but never said how.
- pilgrimparkingAnswered on January 17, 2017 at 02:26 PM
I didn't mean to post twice.. it said the first one didn't work. This comment can be deleted.