- JSparrowAsked on October 02, 2015 at 11:33 AM
I have created a form for equipment requests. The form works well and does exactly what I want, however I would like to inlclude an 'Acknowledgement' button within the notification email so when when the email is received, they can press the button which then emails me to confirm they have understood.
Is this possible?
- SammyAnswered on October 02, 2015 at 12:39 PM
It is currently not possible to include a button in the notification email that triggers another email to be sent.
A workaround will be to include a link button that redirects the user to a second form which they can check a check-box then upon submission an email notification is sent to you.
Please let us know if this alternative will be practical in your case so we can advise further on how to achieve it.
- JSparrowAnswered on October 02, 2015 at 03:47 PMHi Sammy,
Thanks for the response. The alternative does sound viable, any advice on
this will be much appreciated as I'm a newbie to Jotform.
- BenAnswered on October 02, 2015 at 05:04 PM
What my colleague Sammy suggested to you Jason is to create 2 forms.
One form is the one that they submit and have the email autoresponder sent to them.
Now this autoresponder would then hold the link to the other form that you create which holds the checkbox that confirms the same.
The guides that would be of help here are:
- this will show you how to set the email to be sent to people submitting your form
- To see more on creating your own forms
- To set up the email notifier that would be sent to you when they approve in the second email.
If you are not sure about something or have any questions along the way do let us know and we would be happy to assist :)
- JSparrowAnswered on October 03, 2015 at 03:47 AMThat's great, thank you ever so much.
- BorisAnswered on October 03, 2015 at 10:34 PM
On behalf of my colleagues, you are most welcome.
Please don't hesitate to open a new support thread if you need any other assistance with your forms, Jason, and we will be happy to help.