- hubbardmeAsked on January 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM
I followed these directions:
Answered by aytekin on January 10, 2011
1. Select your form on My Forms page
2. Click on "Submissions" on the toolbar
3. Find the registration that needs to be changed
4. Click on "Edit" button at the top
5. Change the meal and save.
But when I hit the edit button, it takes me back to the form. Is there another edit button? I am trying to correct a mispelling in a name.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on January 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Something seems to be amiss here. I tried editing one of my own form's submissions and couldn't find any button to save the change. There was only a button to cancel it. Is that what you are referring to?
- hubbardmeAnswered on January 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM
When I hit the edit button, instead of being able to edit the submission, I was taken to the form to edit it. And as you experienced their was only the option to cancel the edit.
I took screen shots
Hope these help
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on January 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Yes, that's what I thought. I have submitted a ticket to see if we can get this rectified ASAP.
- emrew86Answered on January 30, 2012 at 06:33 AM
When you open edit mode, it is opened like a form. You need to click on Submit Button. There is no Save Button.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 30, 2014 at 05:43 AM
Just an update if you are still using Jotform for your WordPress.com hosted blog.
We are happy to announce that WordPress.com now supports Jotform. You can now embed forms to your WordPress.com hosted websites.