- ksmileyAsked on October 05, 2015 at 01:31 PM
The sample update contact information form. Is there a way for me to upload a spreadsheet and the data we have on a customer automatically goes into to form and then the customer only has to update any changes?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on October 05, 2015 at 02:35 PM
Unfortunately, we do not provide membership options where users can log in / log out, see and update their data.
Although, this is possible to provide users with an Edit Submission link upon the form submission.
There are also spreadsheet like reporting options, but they are not user specific. In other words, the report will show all the records associated with particular form.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on October 05, 2015 at 04:35 PMAnswered by kay
I am sorry I don't think I explained very well, what I was hoping to do. I would like to upload a current contact spreadsheet to Jotform.
I would like each line on the spreadsheet to match or correlate to the correct fields on the form. Name on the spreadsheet goes into the "update form" under name. The address we have goes to the address field on the form. Each form would have the contact information that is showing on the spreadsheet.
Then the customized form is emailed to the customer - then the customer doesn't have to retype all their data - they can just make the corrections in the fields that are needed and return the form.
Is there a way to do what I suggested?
Thanks for your time and wisdom.
I am sorry for misunderstanding. You might consider the following scenario in this case.
1) The data can be imported with our Import Data app.
2) Then, you will need to manually construct edit submission links for imported entries. Please see the next thread to get the idea about submission edit link format.
3) Manually email constructed submission edit links to the customers.