- timotyhAsked on October 06, 2015 at 01:03 PMThe next and back issues were fixed with the iFrame. However, these gaps just don't look right. If users click next and get a white blank screen, some are not savvy enough to realise you need to just scroll up. So I need to devise a way to do this,even if we do not fix the gaps, but create a setting that by clicking the next button scrolls to the top of the next page of the form.
- CharlieAnswered on October 06, 2015 at 01:08 PM
Apologies for the inconvenience. Yes, have you tried using the code I shared above? I got it directly on your form's embed option. We receive news from our developers that they have added some codes in the iFrame related to the referrer. The script code that is included in the iFrame also servers as the function to resize the iFrame. But for some reason, it is not functioning, this is most likely a script conflict between your website's resources.
For the meantime I'm continuously investigating the problem regarding the the form not jumping to the top page. But it works on the actual Form URL here: http://www.jotformpro.com/form/51166329999976. So we can say that it is more related on how it is embedded or a conflict between resources in your website and of the form's.
I noticed that your form is wrapped on a <p> element. Would it be possible to change it to a <div> element instead? Or move it out of the <p> tag? It is possible that the jump function can't identify the proper height of the element because you are using <p>.
Please see if that will resolve the problem. If not, I'll continue investigating and see if I can find the problem, there might also be a need to forward this to our developers if we can't find a quick workaround for it.
Again, apologies for the inconvenience.
- timotyhAnswered on October 08, 2015 at 09:02 AM
How can I do this? I am putting it in the text box area.
- CharlieAnswered on October 08, 2015 at 12:42 PM
I have forwarded this to our developers to further check, I tested it in my local setup and the embedded iFrame code is not jumping, as you have mentioned.
Here's my sample Wordpress.org powered site:
For the meantime, would this widget be useful to let users jump to the top page: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/scroll_to_top. It might not fully resolve the problem but may be used as a temporary workaround for some.
We will update you as soon as we hear any news on this.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
- timotyhAnswered on October 12, 2015 at 08:06 AM
Have you any update on how this is going? My client is requesting an update and I am not sure what to say to them.
- CharlieAnswered on October 12, 2015 at 09:35 AM
I tried to look for a temporary workaround using a script code but unfortunately it does not work in my end. However, I see that one of our developers is already assigned on the problem and has marked this as "Important" in the priority list. I'll try to keep looking for a workaround while our developer is still investigating the problem.
We will update you directly on this thread. Apologies.
- timotyhAnswered on October 19, 2015 at 04:50 AM
Just wondering how we are getting on? Not pushing, I just need to know in case my client asks for an update.
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on October 19, 2015 at 08:38 AM
I am sorry confusion. This thread was forwarded to developers by my colleague. We will inform you as soon as possible, when the problem is solved.
Thank you for your understanding.
- timotyhAnswered on November 02, 2015 at 05:50 AM
Its been over 2 weeks and still not heard anything. Is this issue still being handled. My clients is constantly asking me if I have an update and I have nothing to say to them? I hope you understand that this is now getting difficult for me! I don't want to put pressure on you, but I need something to tell my client, Is there any update on where we are at?
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on November 02, 2015 at 07:23 AM
Unfortunately, as support team we can not tell you a timeframe, but I can tell you that this was given highest priority by my colleague.
We can assure you that our developers will be checking this and let you know here if there are updates.
Thank you for your patience .