- duqadminAsked on October 06, 2015 at 03:53 PM
I created an autoresponse to be sent to myself upon submission of the form so I do not receive another email when I edit it. However, the notification that I have to send to the user after my edits is not working. It is sending at the same time when I receive the form to edit. I hope this makes sense. I attached my link. Thanks.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on October 06, 2015 at 05:11 PM
Email Notification is used to notify you when your form is submitted and Autoresponder is used to notify your users when they submit your form. I have checked Email Notification and Autoresponder inside of your form and it seems that you have switched functionalities of Email Notification and Autoresponder.
If I understood you correctly you want send email to your users when you edit your submission. You do not want that email is sent to them when they submit your form. You can achieve that by setting conditional Autoresponder. For example you can set it for field "Is this request approved?", because that field will not be filled when your users submit your form it will only be filled when you edit form.
Hope this will help. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- duqadminAnswered on October 07, 2015 at 08:52 AM
No, you did not understand what I was saying. The reason that I set up the autoresponder the way it is, is so that I do not get another email after I edit the submissions. If I would've set that up as a notification, it would've sent me the additional email after editing the submissions.
I would however like the notification that I set up to only go to the student AFTER I edit the submissions to approve or deny their request.
- duqadminAnswered on October 07, 2015 at 10:10 AMAlso, my form conditions and emails (notifications and autoresponses) do not seem to be saving. I have cleared my cache, etc. I really need this to go out by the end of the day today, so if someone could contact me, that would be great. This is starting to be very frustrating. I loved this product up until this week when every thing seemed to be breaking!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on October 07, 2015 at 12:34 PM
Our apologies, but I do get your method now. Unfortunately, I tried it to my end using the cloned version of your form and it's not working so your last resort would be to use the notification email instead of the autoresponder.
I remember forwarding this matter to our developers, but I don't receive any updates about it yet.
As for saving the conditional emails, I've moved it to this thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/677992.