- patriciogqpAsked on October 06, 2015 at 08:14 PM
Hi, I m testing a form and in my form I need to take some pictures with an andriod tablet. I use the Take Photo widget but the phone doesnt activate the camera, I also put the permission for use the camera in the web page and in my app (I have an app running as web service) but I don get the camera to active.
Could you please help me..?
- CharlieAnswered on October 07, 2015 at 03:31 AM
The "Take Photo" widget will not automatically open your Android's camera, it is different on how it is opened in the web browser in a desktop or Mac computer. Instead, it will be converted to a "File Upload" field, when you click the file upload field, it will give you an option to use the phone's camera and upload a photo taken. Here's an example:
1. Here's an example on how I viewed your form. In your case, in the desktop browser, the field "Foto" is the one using the "Take Photo" widget, you'll see below in the screenshot that its converted to "File Upload".
2. Here, when choosing the "Foto" field, it will give you an option to what application you want to use. It differs on the device, but it should easily give your user's an option to where to get the file or photo. In my case, the camera app is located on the "Android System" option.
3. In my case, I have two camera apps.
4. After using the camera app to take a photo, it is added in the upload field.
I hope that helps. Do let us know if I misunderstood your concern.
- patriciogqpAnswered on October 07, 2015 at 01:29 PM
Thanks Charlie, I m going to do the test, any issue I will tell you.
- CharlieAnswered on October 07, 2015 at 02:38 PM
You are welcome. Please do let us know if you need more information on this.