- marcommAsked on October 07, 2015 at 01:25 PM
I am trying to connect the Get Form Page URL widget to a field in Salesforce using the Integrations tool. The Get Form Page URL is not showing up in the dropdown on the jotform side of the tool. How can I get that field to show up in the Integrations tool?
Sorry if this is a repeated question. I didn't see a record of it in my inbox.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on October 07, 2015 at 03:57 PM
I've tried integrating Salesforce to read the Get Form Page URL and I am able to replicate the issue that you are experiencing. I'm also not able to see the field listed in the list despite of selecting different fields from Salesforce end. I see that the Get Form Page URL widget is hidden from the form and I'm not sure if that it is one of the reasons to not displaying the URL field in the field list while integrating with Salesforce.
Let me forward the thread to our backend team as a feature request. If there is any update on the issue, you'll be posted through this thread.
- marcommAnswered on October 13, 2015 at 06:13 PM
Thanks. Just wondering if there are any updates on this.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 13, 2015 at 11:49 PM
There's no update as of the moment. Once this is added in the future, we'll let you know.
- marcommAnswered on November 02, 2015 at 12:18 PM
Thanks. I am just trying to be annoying so you will prioritize this.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 02, 2015 at 01:35 PM
We understand your eagerness to have this completed but unfortunately, there is still no update about this from the dev. FYI, this request is on low priority. Note that we consider the number of users requesting the same feature, the more users requesting the same feature, the higher it would get a chance to be implemented sooner. However, this request is already on the devs list. Rest assured once this is rolled out, we'll let you know via this thread.
- marcommAnswered on November 11, 2015 at 09:55 AM
As a paying customer I would really prefer better service. This product is up for review at the end of the year. Can you see what you can do to raise the priority?
- BenAnswered on November 11, 2015 at 11:18 AM
Unfortunately paid plan or not, nor the number of posts will not change the timeframe.
At this time I can tell you that the feature is being placed as something that might be done in the future, but is not assigned to anyone.
Having that said, while this will not work through the form builder, it will work for you if you use the full source code of your form instead.
That would require that you place the form on your website and if you make any updates to your form in the form builder, you would need to re-embed the form on your website to show the change.
If you are OK with that, then once you get the full source code the rest is simple, by using a hack (or a trick if you prefer).
What you would do is following:
1. Add a hidden field to your form that will hold the value that you want to pass over to SalesForce
2. make it hidden
3. Set it up so that the integration gets the value from that field (a plain textbox would do)
4. Grab the full source code of your form: How to get the Full Source Code of your Form
5. add a simple yet effecting JS code to your website which will get the value from either the widgets (Get Referrer widget or Get Form Page URL widget - or both) and pass it to that field.
This is a rather simple JS code and would require a minute to give it to you, but we need the field to be added first and to know which code you are after.
I presume that it is the value in Get Form Page URL, so based on that I made this form (clone of your form):
If that is true, then you just need to use the following JS code in step 4:
document.getElementById('input_90').value = document.getElementById('input_89').value;
That is it (bold part is the new field - I named it SIC Code).
That is it - it will work :)