- jcagiusAsked on October 11, 2015 at 01:59 AM
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on October 11, 2015 at 04:21 AM
Yes, you can send submissions to multiple recipients. You can add more than one emails in one notification with adding comma+space " ," between them.
To do that,
1) Open the current notification and click to "Reply-To and Recipient Settings".
2) On the upcoming screen, you can add your emails on "Recipient E-mail".
For further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- jcagiusAnswered on October 11, 2015 at 05:31 PM
Do you think this form system can be made to work on above, I want a client to be able to write three email addresses or more in the email box, and they all receive contents of form as well as one default for the office??
Thanks heaps ..Joe
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on October 12, 2015 at 02:35 AM
Yes, you can set that much recipients to your form, there is no obstacle. Also, you can create different email templates for different recipients by adding different notifications. With this way, different kind of recipients only get what they need.
To customize your email,
- Open current notification.
- Upcoming window shows the notification template and give an idea about what is going to be look like. Below, you can see the example with the definition of tools used.
However, please remember that free users are limited to 20 submission per hour, so you can't get more than 20 emails per hour. For paid users, submission limit per hour is 100.
If it is still blurry, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Have a nice day.