- marxmythAsked on December 29, 2015 at 10:28 AMOH please, jotform, simplify this process! It was so easy in Adobe Forms Central. I've written for help and gotten three completely different answers. This should be simple.
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Save Forms and Continue Later
- BorisAnswered on December 29, 2015 at 12:36 PM
We are sorry to hear that there has been any confusion, there are actually two supported ways for achieving the saving of form to be completed later. I see that my colleagues explained both methods in both of the previous threads about the matter, but it may have gotten a bit confusing.
In short, there are two main ways to achieve this:
1. By using the Auto Fill feature, which once you enable, it requires no configuration or effort by end users. However, this method is limited in a way that the user must continue filling out the form on the same browser and on the same computer on which they started filling it out, because all the temporary data is stored in their browser.
2. By using the Save and Continue Later method that is described in the guide you commented on. This method requires using two forms, and requires a little more effort - to set up a session parameter that is emailed to your users, and with which they can continue filling out their form session.
This second method is not limited to one browser, and your users can continue filling out the form on any other browser or machine they want to - as long as they use the same session link they were provided in their email.
I hope this helps, if you need any assistance with setting up any of these methods, please let us know. We will do our best to help you get it up and running to your satisfaction.
- marxmythAnswered on December 30, 2015 at 12:45 AMMy big concern now is the way required fields work. In your sample form I
couldn't go through the various pages unless I completed all required
fields on each page. My form will have many pages and many required fields
and I want my users to be free to work on any page in the form and come
back to complete the required fields on any page.
Is there a way to do this?
Sent from my iPhone
- CharlieAnswered on December 30, 2015 at 04:59 AM
It seems like the follow up question you have is quite off topic with the original one you have in this thread. To better assist you and discuss this further, I opened a separate thread for it. Please refer to this link instead: http://www.jotform.com/answers/678342163. We will address it shortly.
Thank you for understanding.