'Always Hidden' not working in Source Code?

  • Profile Image
    marc_cinnafilm
    Asked on December 29, 2015 at 12:18 PM

    Hello!

    I've created my form and have downloaded the source code to do some additional tweaking. Everything is looking good EXCEPT the 'always-hidden' command doesn't seem to be working. When I open the page, everything that should be hidden until certain conditions are met, are showing. 

  • Profile Image
    Kevin_G
    Answered on December 29, 2015 at 01:23 PM

    Hi,

    Thank you for contacting us.

    I have checked your form http://www.jotform.us/form/53344986160157 , and I can see it is not showing the hidden fields.

    Could you please share us the link to your form ? or the link to your website as well would be helpful.

    We will wait your response.

    Thanks.

  • Profile Image
    marc_cinnafilm
    Answered on December 29, 2015 at 01:33 PM

    hmm... Ok. So I upload the form to the web, and 'Always Hidden' started working. So I guess my question is, why doesn't it work when it is on a local machine?

  • Profile Image
    Kevin_G
    Answered on December 29, 2015 at 01:40 PM

    We are glad to know your form is working fine now, and this is quite odd, since you form should be working fine even if it's not embedded in a website.

    But please, do inform us if you have the issue again, we will be glad to assist you.

     

  • Profile Image
    marc_cinnafilm
    Answered on December 29, 2015 at 01:45 PM

    Well I am still having the issue locally. Here is the idea...

    1. I created the bulk of the form on the JotForm web UI

    2. Downloaded the source code to do some tweaking... While working on it locally, Always Hidden isnt working...

    3. Upload to website for final distribution.

    ... Even though the bug is gone on step 3, I'd still like to be able to QC properly locally. 

  • Profile Image
    Kevin_G
    Answered on December 29, 2015 at 02:44 PM

    I have downloaded the source code from your form and  I have tested it in a local file, unfortunately, I was unable to replicate your issue, I can see the fields are hidden.

    Could you please share us a screenshot from your local website, also, make sure you are getting a new source code in order to get all the changes.