- 1sixty8Asked on December 29, 2015 at 02:04 PM
It seems that the Dropbox integration process has been changed. Before I was able to have several fields populate as part of the folder name. Now I am limited to one. Is there a way around this?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on December 29, 2015 at 03:15 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
Unfortunately, the Dropbox integration has been recently updated, and now you can only use one field as the folder's name.
You can read more about how to configure the integration on this link : http://www.jotform.com/help/77-Upload-to-Dropbox-with-JotForm
Hope this helps.
- 1sixty8Answered on December 29, 2015 at 03:28 PM
That seems like a step backward. We had a specific need that required 2 fields in the title. Is there any workaround for this?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on December 29, 2015 at 03:51 PM
You can use this workaround.
1. Add a Calculation Widget and set it as hidden.
2. Open the Wizard and add the fields you want to set as the Folder name :
The calculation should look like this:
3. In the integration, select the Calculation widget as name :
Hope this will help you.
- 1sixty8Answered on December 29, 2015 at 05:36 PM
EXCELLENT! This is precisely what I needed. Thank you!
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on December 29, 2015 at 06:57 PM
Great to know it worked as you needed, you're most welcome.
Feel free to contact us anytime if you need further assistance, we will be more than glad to assist you.
- nfussoAnswered on February 10, 2016 at 07:26 PM
Hi there! Hoping to ask a follow-up question on this thread.
I also want to create Dropbox folders whose names are based on two fields. However, one of the fields I want to use is a a "unique ID" field. However, my unique ID field isn't one of the visible options when I try to add a field in form calculator. Is it possible for Form Calculator to use a Unique ID field? If not, is there an alternative work around?
More explanation in case it helps: Ideally I want my Dropbox folders to look like this:
Where "School" is a drop down field that is selected by the user, and "NNN" is a unique ID that is automatically assigned incrementally, as new forms are submitted.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 11, 2016 at 03:12 AM
We will answer your question here http://www.jotform.com/answers/769739.