- christylerAsked on December 29, 2015 at 02:36 PM
I understand that my encrypted data is not viewable as an Excel or CSV file, but since my form data is encrypted with my key, it stands to reason that I should be able to use that key to unencrypt the data after downloading it. What software or tool do you recommend I use to unencrpyt it on my end after downloading it?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on December 29, 2015 at 03:41 PM
Unfortunately as my colleague mentioned on this thread https://www.jotform.com/answers/633792 and like is mentioned in this guide What are Encrypted Forms and how to use them as expert, it is not possible to export encrypted data in Excel and CSV files from within Submission Panel.
It is not possible to use your key outside of JotForm to remove the encryption either.
- ChrisAnswered on December 31, 2015 at 09:08 AM
My question was not about deccrypting in Excel, but more about is there a method to download encrypted data and then decrypt it on our end?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on December 31, 2015 at 11:42 AM
No, you can not download encrypted data, this is explained on the link that my colleague provided to you above :
Important:Some of the features that are not available for Encrypted Forms* are:
1. PDF Downloads,
2. Reports (this includes downloading Excel and CSV files from within Submission Panel),
3. Emails that contain form data in them.There is not any way to download the encrypted data and decrypt it in your end , if you want to download your submissions as reports, you will need to remove the encryption and then download the data.Hope this will clarify your doubts.Thanks.
- NNFTechManAnswered on March 31, 2016 at 12:24 PM
You encryption does not work if you can't get the information off afterwards. Why offer it??!?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on March 31, 2016 at 02:43 PM
I see you have opened multiple threads about the same:
I also noticed that you have posted your reply in other existing threads, I also see that one of our colleagues is assisting to you on this thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/807210-Unable-to-use-encryption-on-forms#0.
Please, do not open more than one thread per request/report/question, it helps us to assist you better.
- christenAnswered on July 24, 2017 at 01:45 PM
WOW horrible customer service. This person is asking a legitimate question and getting snarky unhelpful responses. No wonder they posted multiple places... how else do you get a reasonable answer from you. Horrible
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on July 24, 2017 at 03:04 PM
Please, do note that this is an attempt to help our users, discussing the similar issue on different threads may generate confusion to our users, this is why we try to keep one thread per issue.
You may also open a new thread in case you have any question, we will be glad to help you.