- dtuiadminAsked on October 08, 2015 at 03:46 PM
Hi. We had our computer with the Jotform encryption key on it stolen a couple of days ago. Of course we cannot access forms without it. Please advise.
We can put that same key on multiple computers in the future. Correct?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 08, 2015 at 05:30 PM
You can re-download the key by clearing your browser's cache. Once the key is loaded on your browser, it will be remembered every time you open your form submissions page therefore you will not be prompted with the form encryption wizard where you can download your key. However when you clear your browser's cache, you should be prompted with this wizard again. Or, if you don't want to clear your browser's cache, simply open your browser in private mode (Firefox) or incognito mode (Chrome). Then go to your encrypted form's submissions page or by editing your form on the form builder. The encryption wizard should popup again.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 08, 2015 at 05:31 PM
And yes, you can actually load the key on different browsers in different machine. As long as you have the private key, you can use them anywhere you want.
- dtuiadminAnswered on October 08, 2015 at 05:45 PMThanks. That was very helpful.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 08, 2015 at 06:47 PM
You're welcome. Cheers!