- HeckingtonAsked on January 13, 2012 at 06:58 AM
I have set up a number of forms and the autoresponder emails are not coming through to me when I send a test form. Also the Test Email response in the email set up is also not coming through.
This happens on all my new forms except one which you helped me with a while ago.
Thank youPage URL:
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 13, 2012 at 09:19 AM
Unfortunately I was not able to recreate your problem on my end. I used the Test Email function on your forms "10 Mile Road Race Entry" and I was able to receive the emails on 3 different email addresses (2 Gmail and 1 company email).
The problem might be on your mail server's end. What is the email address that you're using to test these autoresponders? Can you please try a Gmail one and see if the result is still the same?
- HeckingtonAnswered on January 13, 2012 at 10:47 AMI used the one that you responded to here = firstname.lastname@example.org
None have come through & I don't have a Gmail account
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 13, 2012 at 10:59 AM
I have actually used my own e-mail addresses (2 Gmail and 1 company email) to test your form's autoresponders and they seem to be working fine.
Have you contacted your hosting provider for help with regard to this issue?
- HeckingtonAnswered on January 13, 2012 at 11:31 AMI have looked on my hosting control panel and there are no spam messages
that have been filtered out.
I have also sent a test message to a .btinternet.com email address, and that
is not coming through either.
Is there a timescale for these test messages to come through?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Checking our mail logs give out this "success" message:/tmp/logs/amazonSES.log:[1;36m13-01-2012 11:43:31[1;37m PREMIUM AmazonSES Sent email to email@example.com - MessageID:00000134d7f3dd88-5747cc80-cd97-4c65-acf5-6828fa0411b1-000000/b8e1589b-3e05-11e1-8e8b-955fe060ae95
I also checked our bounce list for your address, but did not find it. I can't see any reason why you're not receiving the messages.
May I ask what e-mail client you are using to check your e-mails?
By the way, here are the test emails I received (instantaneously) across three different e-mail addresses:
And here's a notification from a submission I made on a clone of your form:
- HeckingtonAnswered on January 13, 2012 at 11:58 AMThanks
I set up a Gmail account and that TEST came through instantly
I have just received one test message through on
firstname.lastname@example.org, but none of the other 15 that I have sent!
I have tried to complete and send a dummy form, but as most of the ones with
autoresponders are PayPal linked I can't complete the payment process, so
the email confirmation won't come through.
I am using Outlook for my messages
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Sorry if I forgot to advise you to whitelist these ip addresses in your hosting account's email configuration:
Let us know if this makes any difference.
- HeckingtonAnswered on January 13, 2012 at 12:27 PMOk - I will do that.
It is now working for btinternet and also for gmail, its just the settings