- Adolfo GarciaAsked on October 13, 2015 at 12:01 PM
We are very close to purchase the Enterprise License and we would like to use jotforms to distribute a form which can be filled by different users but using a single form to fill the information. For example, let's say that a 3 members team requires to complete form and each one can open up the form in different times to fill out different information but when more that one is trying to update the form jotforms allow to only one team member to fill the form.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on October 13, 2015 at 02:24 PM
So, you want to prevent multiple submissions? This is possible, here is how: https://www.jotform.com/help/64-How-to-Set-Unique-Submissions-on-a-Form
You can decide to limit submissions by Cookie(same browser) or by IP address(people in the same network (in the same school, college,university, institution ) will not be able to make submission). For upgrading, here is our pricing page: https://www.jotform.com/pricing
Let us know if you have more questions, we will be glad to assist you.
- Adolfo GarciaAnswered on October 13, 2015 at 04:22 PM
In fact yes, but with one more variable in my original post and it's as I'm describing below:
"We are very close to purchase the Enterprise License and we would like to use jotforms to distribute a form which can be filled by different users but using a single form to fill the information. For example, let's say that a 3 members team requires to complete the form (single team) and each one can open up the form in different times and from different computers, to fill out the requested information by the Form. Here an example:
1. UserA fills Machine Type, Description and Processed date and other data (this from DeviceA).
2. UserB uses DeviceB to open up the form and add/update the information for first time. Then the form shows up the already collected data from UserA.
3. UserC open up the form few minutes later but UserB is still filling some data and then UserC is notified that he needs to wait till UserB free up the form.
How can I achieve that? at least points 1 and 2.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on October 13, 2015 at 06:22 PM
On regards of points 1 and 2, this is possible to accomplish, you can create an email notification that includes the edit link of the form, to be sent to user B.
1) Create email notification: https://www.jotform.com/help/25-Setting-Up-Email-Notifications
Note: In the Recipient E-mail field is where you put the email address of user B.
2) Add the edit link on the notification(You can customize it whit the tool):
On regards of point 3, it is not possible to edit at the same time. What I would recommend you, is to basically do the same. But, this time using conditional logic to trigger the second notification to be sent if user B is done editing the form.
1) Create another notification, with the edit link included, for user C as explained above.
2) On the edit mode of your form, click on Conditions and choose "Send an e-mail after submission" option:
Now, lets say your form contains 3 parts:
You can create a condition like this where the notification is sent if user's B part is filled:
Here is my example form(forms' URL): https://form.jotform.co/52856920427865
You can clone it in your account if you want to: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Then you can change the email recipients for one your email addresses in order to test the form and see how it works.
Hope this helps, let us know if you have more questions, we will be glad to assist you.