JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Form Column is only available when form fields are shrinked.Asked by grade4pagasa on October 14, 2015 at 01:26 AM
i think this is the default state of the column layout checkbox & spinner in the form designer.
JotForm Support Charlie gave the same answer as Egeg for the similar ticket i opened on October 01, 2015 at 09:46 AM:
"Hi there, Form Columns option is only shown when there is a shrink'ed field in the form currently."
suggestions on how to remedy this:
* create a user guide tackling this (none available @ the user guide pages)
* let the column checkbox & spinner be made available as the default state (Feature Request)
- reason for the feature request: these are the numerous steps currently needed to be done for the column checkbox to appear:
1. create fields
2. shrink 1 or 2 fields
3. click form designer icon
4. click form layout tab
5. tick the Enable Form Columns checkbox (the number of columns spinner won't appear yet)
6. save the changes in form designer (still, the number of columns spinner won't appear yet)
7. click the close button to exit form designer
8. click the form designer icon again
9. click Form Layout tab
10. the Number of Columns spinner is now visible - select preferred option
11. click save icon
12. click close button. (then the column layout changes will be seen)
hoping for your consideration on this feature request.
Thank you for your suggestions and clear explanations.
A user guide detailing the process of using columns in a form will be created.
I will let you know once this is done.