- seewhyAsked on January 15, 2012 at 05:00 PM
I don't have an iPad or iPhone but are Jot Forms readable and usable on the Apple i devices such as the iPad and iPhone?
- whatlinkAnswered on January 16, 2012 at 02:32 AM
The submission I receive on my iphone is gibberish script code?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Can you please provide more details of your issue, whatlink?
Additionally, it would also be great if you can share with us an image screencapture of the issue at hand. This way, the development team will be able to identify the problem and provide a solution faster.
- whatlinkAnswered on January 16, 2012 at 11:00 AMSorry deleted mails. I think I it was notification
Set at HTML
Instead of text?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 16, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Thank you for your response, whatlink.
I have passed this on to the development team, they will respond to this as soon as they are able to look into this matter.
Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 19, 2012 at 02:40 AM
Just so that we are clear, you are talking about the JotForm's iPhone App? Because the original question was about how forms show up on iPhone.
We always recommend opening new forum threads when there is an unrelated issues. Since we assign tickets to each thread and the title of the thread should someone match with the bug reported or feature requested.
- whatlinkAnswered on January 19, 2012 at 06:16 AMYes u need to make sure you do not click on HTML and then it's ok