JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How to Make Fields Auto Filled by Using the Previous Form's Data?Asked by martiano on October 20, 2015 at 06:21 AM
I would like to make many forms, but in each form i would like to have information about person like gender, age, single/married, employed/unemployed etc.. My question is: "Do I have to put these fields to every single form, or is here any way to make it easy for these people? (for example these fields will be auto filled from the first form to every next form or any other ways)"
You can transfer desired fields values from one form to another. You need to follow instructions below to apply this feature to your form.
To transfer field value to a another form,
1) You need to find the "Name" of the specific field. Select the desired field and click to gear shaped icon and then, click to "Show Properties".
2) Copy the "Name" of that field.
2) Copy your 2nd Form URL and construct the URL parameter for prepopulating value from the 1st form to the 2nd form; but before that, you need "ID" and "Name" values from 1st and 2nd form.
For the 1st form,
- You need to use first step to find their "Name"s.
For the 2nd form,
3) Below, the example combines the values from 1st form to 2nd form. Purple marked areas represent the labels from 2nd form (we get those values from the step 2). Orange marked areas represent the labels from 1st form (from the step 1).
Also, you can check the document Prepopulating the fields to your JotForm via URL parameters.
4) Finally, set the 1st form's Thank you page URL as custom URL with the parameters from the step 3.
After those, steps 1st form redirect user to 2nd form with the values from the 1st form.
If you stuck somewhere in the process or you need more information, please let us know.
Have a nice day.