- Josh DavisAsked on October 20, 2015 at 09:57 AM
We've been using Jotform on our site now for over a year. We receive 15-30 customer emails/day; all of which we respond to. Invariably, we get 2-3 complaints/day from customers claiming that we did not respond to one of their earlier emails. Looking through our sent folder, I can see find our customer service agents' responses, but when I forward them to the customers asking them to check their junk folders for them, they still claim they can't be found.
Is this a known issue with Jotform? Is there anything we can do to improve our delivery rate?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on October 20, 2015 at 11:57 AM
Could you please share the link of your form? So we can check how the notification is setup.
Make sure the Reply-to Email field is assigned to a field of your form where the user inputs his email addressed, usually called the "email" field.
If that is already assigned, and if you are replying from you own email address, then is not a JotForm delivery issue, it has to do with your email service provider.
- Josh DavisAnswered on October 20, 2015 at 04:45 PMHi – our form is located at: http://www.shopatshowcasecanada.com/pages/contact-us
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on October 20, 2015 at 08:03 PM
If I understand this correctly, you are referring to the Reply/Forward option on submissions page. In theory, the issue might be related to email providers with strict rules which reject email messages sent with "spoofed" senders.
You might consider using one of our default From addresses to see if that makes any differences.
It should be possible to check which messages are sent / failed from account email history page.
Alternatively, you might consider replying via desktop email client to the form Email Notifications.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know. We will be happy to help.
- Josh DavisAnswered on October 21, 2015 at 02:45 PMSorry – still confused. Below is an email that came to me via my Outlook account (my address is supposed to be copied on all customer inquiries going to our customer service department). Customer claims they have sent 5 messages regarding their order.
After logging into the Gmail account that our customer service team uses to receive customer emails and reply to them, I can’t find any record of any of the customer’s emails, including the one below.
Logging into Jotform, I can’t easily differentiate between any of the emails.
Can you shed some light? Complaints like the one below are now coming in at a rate of 3-4/ day.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on October 21, 2015 at 04:09 PM
If your customer service agents reply via Gmail and these messages are successfully sent (no bounce back message received after sending), then there is an issue with recipient email providers. You can recommend them (customers) to contact their email providers to track down undelivered messages.
Here is an example of a bounce message in Gmail, so you should see something similar for failed messages.