- VMUNAsked on October 20, 2015 at 10:07 PM
My submission counter for my form reads around 250. When I go to look at my submissions, only 70 come up. I'm not sure if this is because the submission counter is wrong or if jotform is somehow dropping submissions. I would really appreciate any help I can get with this as soon as possible.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on October 21, 2015 at 04:21 AM
Sorry for inconvenience this may caused you.
We have now fixed the submissions count on your form. This might have been affected on the database switched made recently but everything should be working by now.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- VMUNAnswered on October 22, 2015 at 11:11 AM
The problem was fixed initially. It now it has started up again. I was hoping you could fix it and confirm that we aren't actually dropping forms.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 22, 2015 at 01:56 PM
The counter was indeed quite for off. I reset it and it should now show the proper total. I do not believe you are missing any. If the counter is off again, let us know and we can adjust it.
- VMUNAnswered on October 26, 2015 at 01:57 AM
The counter is off again. This time, it is off to such a degree, that we have received a notification that our account will be shut down because we have received more that 1000 submissions this month, when in reality we have received no more than 200. (the shutdown is scheduled for 12PM EST on monday) If you could reset the counter, prevent our account from shutting down, and possibly prevent this from happening again, that would be great.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on October 26, 2015 at 04:22 AM
We have notified this to our backend team, hopefully this will be solved soon.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 26, 2015 at 04:32 AM
We have reset your counts. Sorry about this.