What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Form with Expanding Options with Payment QuestionAsked by mountainhightree on October 23, 2015 at 12:52 PM
We want to recreate this form that was custom built many years ago (attached screenshot) in JotForm, it's somewhat complex, as we want the form to expand the Entries' dropdowns if the user selects 5 entires or 30 entries, it will initially show 1 entry, and they can select the other options to expand the number of entries and change the cost.
We also want to calculate and collect payment with our JotForm, which would calculate the cost depending on the amount of entries selected/entered. ($1 entry is $50, 5 entires is $20, and 30 is $100).
Can we build something like this with the JotForm Bronze plan?
Could you share us the link to that JotForm? I can't seem to find it on your list of forms.
You can do this by using conditional logic. Here's how I will setup the form.
1. First, group the fields of each row using the form collapse bar:
2. You can then show those form collapse fields based from the user input, example on the radio button field. Here's a guide on how to do that: http://www.jotform.com/help/297-Show-or-Hide-multiple-fields-at-once-using-form-collapse-tool
3. You can also then perform calculation based from the user inputs. First, you'll need to assign calculation values on the selected entries in the radio button, here's how to assign a calculation value: http://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value
4. After that, you can follow this guide on how to perform a calculation: http://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-perform-calculation-in-the-form
5. To pass the calculated price to your payment integration, you can follow this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field
Also, just to mention, regardless if you are on "Free" or paid subscription, all of the features of the form builder will be accessible. The only difference of each account type is the submission limit and the upload storage space, please see details in our pricing page.