- BluesailorAsked on October 24, 2015 at 11:15 AM
I am having great difficulties with step 4 of this app. I don't understand the entries it is asking for. Where can I get some help?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on October 24, 2015 at 11:15 PM
If you are refering to this step :
Enter email details and run a test email.
This could help you, first in the Subject field you must write the title of your email.
In the part where you can choose between Text E-mail or HTML E-mail, if you want just send a text for example : "Hello and Welcome" you should select the Text E-mail option, but if you want to send a web page as the link in the image above, you should select HTML E-mail, so you have to select it just if you have a web page that you would like to send.
In the From Name field, you should fill it with the name that you would like to show when an email is sent.
In the From Address field, you should fill it with the email that you would like to send them.
And in the Test Email Address field, you will write an email with you would like to make a test, when you make a test you will recieve an email in the email address that you are using as a test.
I hope that helps, but if you need further assistance feel free to contact us.
- BluesailorAnswered on October 25, 2015 at 09:45 AMNew response receivedI am referring to step 4, STMP. I have no idea what to enter. See attached
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on October 25, 2015 at 04:19 PM
Sorry for the confusion Bluesailor.
If you are follwing this guide , please let me help you.
Next, go to the bottom, in the main page and click on Get SMTP Credentials :
Now you can get the info required in the JotForm Email Newsletter App, the SMTP Password is an API key below, if you don't have one you can add it.
Paste this info in the step 4, then you will be able to use this app.
If you need more help, feel free to contact us.
- BluesailorAnswered on October 25, 2015 at 06:45 PMNew response receivedOK, I got throgh step 4 and it showed all the recipients. Then there is no next step that I could see. A little more help please. Where does the app go after all is done? How, where do I find it?
- BluesailorAnswered on October 25, 2015 at 06:45 PMNew response receivedSee attached
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 26, 2015 at 03:58 AM
Did you share any screenshot with us? I am unable to see any image in your last response. I would suggest you to please upload the screenshot again and we will take a look. The following guide should help you how to upload image in forum post: http://www.jotform.com/answers/277033
Then there is no next step that I could see. A little more help please. Where does the app go after all is done? How, where do I find it?
We you do not have to do anything else. One you reach to step #5 "PROCESSEMAIL", all the email address from your form is added to queue and the newsletters will be sent automatically.
- BluesailorAnswered on October 26, 2015 at 05:45 AMNew response receivedThis is the last screen I have.
- BluesailorAnswered on October 26, 2015 at 06:45 AMNew response receivedThese are the last two screens and then I get lost.
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on October 26, 2015 at 11:04 AM
We still can't see your uploads. To add your screenshots properly, please follow the instructions below:
For your problem, please be sure that you have an SMTP account. Because, you need a SMTP to finalize the settings for "E-mail" app. If you don't have one, you can use Mandrill. They allow up to 12K/month for free and it is pretty cheap if you need to send more emails.
Please, reply again with a detailed information and screenshot. We can only help you better with this way.