- PensacolaMESSHallAsked on October 24, 2015 at 06:40 PM
We give our members a discount on our programs. Currently we just do it on a trust system. How can I have it check a member list (online database or something) to ensure they are members? Otherwise I will give our members a code number or something, but I'd rather not have to put those conditionals in for every form (a couple hundred member families). The problem with trust is that members forget that their membership expired and then it is awkward to ask for more money later.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 25, 2015 at 08:17 AM
I suggest to assign them with a unique number so only those with unique number can submit the form or get discount. Or you can provide a code that works for all of them by creating a condition, I think this is much more easier.
Here's an example:
We also have a coupon code system that works for payment tools. Using this alone I think would be a lot easier since you only have to give them the discount code. Then they only have to enter the code on the discount field so they get discount on the products you have configured on the payment wizard. Here's a guide for that https://www.jotform.com/help/233-How-To-Add-Coupon-Code-in-the-Payment-Form.
If I have misunderstood the feature that you desire, kindly provide more details so we can analyze and provide you more recommendations.
- PensacolaMESSHallAnswered on November 19, 2015 at 07:55 AM
I know about the coupon code, but we have programs that we offer on a regular basis and memberships expire on a rolling system, so that would require changing the code regularly and hoping the members check their emails for the code or such.
I am wondering if there is a way for me to have the form look up the member names from a database (SQL perhaps? I currently use Google Sheets, but might switch if I need to) and then apply the discount. I don't want to assign each member a unique code and then have them have to remember it and enter it. (Nor do I want to enter hundreds of conditionals on each form.)
- CharlieAnswered on November 19, 2015 at 09:49 AM
I'm not quite sure if I understand that current work flow of your form. From your last response, you would like to automatically make a discount on the user/customer when they try to fill out the form again in case their membership expires, is that correct?
Currently, it is not possible using the features we have. However, this can be accomplished using our API and using the form's full source code.
Here's how I think I'll be doing it in my end:
1. Add the form's full source code in a website.
2. Use a custom script and our API to fetch or check if the full name/email/ID number of the customer already exists in your submissions.
3. Based from the result on the custom script, prepopulate the coupon code field and automatically apply a discount.
Method 2: Almost just the same with method 1, BUT in case of using the API, we will store the data directly in your own web server.
1. First, enable Send POST Data of your form and save the submissions directly in your MySQL server. Here's a guide on that: http://www.jotform.com/help/126-How-to-send-Submissions-to-Your-MySQL-Database-Using-PHP
2. Now, embed the form in a website page using the full source code.
3. Use a custom script to check the user's input if it exists in your own database.
Both methods require you to develop your own custom scripts and a website page to embed the form.
I hope that helps.