- silverboxAsked on January 18, 2012 at 03:18 AM
Just a simple questions for you.
If a customer types there name in the field with lowercase, when they receive the auto-response, it will also show in lower case. Is there a way where the system will automatically make the first letter of the names capital?
Example: they typed "james smith" i want the auto responder to have "James Smith"
- felipe_sasaAnswered on January 18, 2012 at 03:38 AM
i have the same query. hope someone can answer this one :-)
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on January 18, 2012 at 05:53 AM
Unfortunately, what you are looking for is not possible with JotForm. But, you can automatically capitalize every first letter of your user inputs by injecting this CSS Codes on your form:
I know this isn't a perfect one, but it helps most of the time. Please check this demo: http://www.jotform.com/form/20174932617
I hope you still find this helpful. If you have further questions, please feel free to let us know. Thank you for using JotForm!
- silverboxAnswered on January 21, 2012 at 08:00 AM
Thats perfect enough worked like a charm!
Great job! I think JotForm has to be by far one of the best support services out there in the world, I haven't experienced anything like it or any other service that compares or maybe even comes close to your support, great example to other services!
All the best!
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on January 21, 2012 at 08:16 AM
Glad to hear it and thanks for your great feedback. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. Our team will be more than happy to help you. Thank you so much!
- silverboxAnswered on January 21, 2012 at 09:55 PM
No worries at all.
Sorry I thought it had worked but it didn't. It only works on the form. I have injected the CSS into the form and when you type into the field, the first letter does come out in capital letters, but when the auto responder sends the email, it still comes up in lower case, was a great idea though...
Would it be hard to implement on your end? or if you managed to do it successfully from the auto generated email, please let me know.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 22, 2012 at 12:09 AM
I will submit a request to the development team for this feature, but unfortunately, we cannot provide a timeframe to when this feature will be implemented as this request will be added to the list.
<input type="text" name="xx_xxxxx" onblur="this.value = this.value.substr(0, 1).toUpperCase() + this.value.substr(1);">
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on January 22, 2012 at 01:08 PM
Works like a charm! :)
- emrew86Answered on February 06, 2012 at 08:18 AM
Feature has been implemented...
If you use CAPITALIZE, the first letter of words can be upper-case.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on February 06, 2012 at 08:19 AM
That's good news. Thanks.