- GiniTraskAsked on September 30, 2010 at 02:15 PM
I want to create a form that conatins 3 options
1) A Region Drop down list for the us containing Northwest, southwest, etc
2) A State drop down taht would only populate with states that are in the region selected in the first drop down
3) A city drop down that would populate with only the major cities within the state that has been selected in drop down #2
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 01, 2010 at 02:37 AM
Yes, you can create dropdowns that depend on other dropdowns. This can be accomplished using "Conditions" feature on JotForm Form Builder. Here is the example form I created for you:
To create this form, I first created three dropdown questions on the Form Builder. Then I clicked on "Conditions" button at the top under the "Setup & Share" tab.
Then I created two conditions for each region:
Here is the conditions:
SHOW Northeast Cities field. When "Region" Equals To "Northeast"
SHOW Northwest Cities field. When "Region" Equals To "Northwest"
JotForm conditions are very flexible. Please give it a try and let me know if you need any further help.
- sadiscordAnswered on October 04, 2010 at 10:05 PM
Why is the second drop-down automatically hidden?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 05, 2010 at 06:39 AM
When you setup a "Show" condition, it becomes hidden by default. If you need it to be always visible, then you should not set any conditions.
- CSBKAnswered on February 06, 2013 at 12:53 PM
I would like to do the same thing with conditions… but when making a Excel Report, I would like one field to be filled for the report and not the other hidden conditions fields. Could I somehow make a hidden filed that is automatically filled by the dropdown selection of another. (Prepopulating Fields)
How to Enable Prepopulating Fields
Create an HTML Table Listing Report
Generate Excel Report
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 06, 2013 at 02:21 PM
We would appreciate if you could open a new thread for your concern. We can focusly help you on your query with your own thread.
Thanks for your understanding,