- herroncmAsked on January 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM
We want to offer a bi-yearly billing feature, but when we try to use this option, the form gives an error that says you can't bill for anything greater than 1 year.
The one year, quarterly and monthly billing appear to be working. We are using paypal pro. Any idea as to what could be happening? Thanks!
- fxrAnswered on January 19, 2012 at 04:54 PM
We does the process appear to fail?
I have selected bi-yearly and have been redirected to paypal for my payment.
- herroncmAnswered on January 20, 2012 at 09:15 AM
After you input the credit card information on the Jot Form, here is the error (in the jot from window):Invalid billing frequencyBilling frequency must be > 0 and be less than or equal to one year
- fxrAnswered on January 20, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Oh OK, its when a user chooses to pay by Credit Card, rather than going through a Paypal payment itself.
I will report this to our developers to see what can be done about it.
- herroncmAnswered on February 15, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Hi! Any Update on this issue? Thank you.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM
According to my research, Paypal does not support bi-annual/bi-yearly billing period for subscriptions. With that said, I have removed the bi-yearly option from the payment wizards for both Paypal and Paypal Pro.