- universalcompsAsked on October 01, 2010 at 08:18 PM
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 02, 2010 at 03:31 AM
Yes, you can. It is possible to send a text message to your cell phone. Most cell phone providers support this. For example, if you are using Sprint PCS, create a new email message (using Email Alerts button on the form builder) and configure it to send the email to the SMS address like this:
(Each email address must be comma separated. )
Here is a list of cell phone providers for US:
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ t-mobile.net
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ vtext.com
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ pcs.rogers.com
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ messaging.sprintpcs.com
Format: 1 + 10-digit cell phone number @ mobile.mycingular.com
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ mobile.att.net
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ message.bam.com
Bell Mobility (Canada)
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ txt.bell.ca
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ mobile.celloneusa.com
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ comcastpcs.textmsg.com
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ fido.ca
Format: 10-digit cell phone number @ msg.telus.com
- universalcompsAnswered on October 02, 2010 at 08:11 AM
Thank you for your answer.
my carrier is ATT, for some reason, the notification I created didn't work. I didn't receive the text.
is there any trick that I should know?
- universalcompsAnswered on October 02, 2010 at 08:20 AM
The ATT Address has changed to: Your 10 digit email@example.com
- chipwAnswered on October 03, 2010 at 12:17 AM
- csweetbeAnswered on February 10, 2011 at 01:21 AM
Super helpful thank you.
- melanireithAnswered on July 01, 2011 at 04:18 PM
But when the text message comes in it says its from firstname.lastname@example.org is there anyway to change this?
- allanftdAnswered on July 01, 2011 at 09:26 PM
When you set up the email notification, please make sure that the Sender E-mail is set to E-mail and not email@example.com.
For your convenience, I took the initiative to change the email notification of the Request Cleaning form for you. Please let us know if you need further assistance.
Thank you for using JotForm!
- michaellopiccoloAnswered on July 02, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Why does it still say firstname.lastname@example.org in the top of the text message? Shouldn't it have the senders full name in there.
- michaellopiccoloAnswered on July 02, 2011 at 12:43 PM
When it comes through email it is ok but when you get it via text to cell phone it is not?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 02, 2011 at 03:20 PM
Please configure your mail notification sender settings properly. Go to Setup & Embed > Email Alerts > New Application then click Reply-To and Recipient settings in the bottom of the Compose Email wizard.
Change Sender Name to "Full Name" and Sender E-mail to "E-mail" then click Finish.
Also, set your E-mail field to Required so that the sender e-mail does not default to email@example.com whenever the e-mail field is left blank.
To set a field as required, click on it then click the Required button in the toolbar.
Let me know if these solutions help.
- melanireithAnswered on July 02, 2011 at 04:19 PM
I did all that and it says text from firstname.lastname@example.org?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on July 03, 2011 at 12:38 AM
Thank you for your response.
If you don't mind, can you please start a new thread for this issue that you have found? This is so that we could submit a proper ticket to the developers providing them details of the issue in relevant to the subject line, avoiding confusion.
Looking forward for your post.
- melanireithAnswered on July 03, 2011 at 10:01 AM
I already did right here.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on July 03, 2011 at 10:29 AM
Oh, sorry ... confused me a bit. Thanks for pointing the URL out.
- melanireithAnswered on July 03, 2011 at 09:26 PM
When will I hear back something about this?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on July 03, 2011 at 10:20 PM
For the responses to your inquiry, please refer to this thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/32442-Email-Fowarding
- AlexAnswered on August 18, 2011 at 06:38 PM
A very simple way to do this is just create an account in www.totxt.com and forward your gmail, hotmail, yahoo... It has a great feature to delay messages while you sleep.
- DazzleAnswered on September 06, 2013 at 10:34 AM
What is the name of these email addresses of mobile numbers
- DazzleAnswered on September 06, 2013 at 10:39 AM
What is the format for BSNL (INDIA)
- JotForm SupportTashaAnswered on September 06, 2013 at 10:59 AM
- chetan3385Answered on October 02, 2013 at 07:32 AM
is there option for INDIA TATA DOCOM number
- EliezerNAnswered on October 02, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I would recommend you to open your own thread so that we can give you the proper assistance to your concern.
I can see that you have post the same question here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/273562-How-would-i-will-configure-notification-to-my-sms-api-or-gateway#8
Please use that link and we will give follow up there.
- timbaker1991Answered on October 06, 2013 at 08:51 PM
chetan3385: You can use jotText (http://jottext.eighttwentydesign.com/) to receive mobile notifications to almost any network any where in the world
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on August 30, 2016 at 02:01 AM
We will answer your question on a separate thread here https://www.jotform.com/answers/919924. Kindly check.