- aspirebrokersAsked on November 02, 2015 at 11:36 AM
This is devastatingly bad. I want to move from survey monkey and have sent all day building a complex form with JotForm but not capturing the details from partially completed forms is crazy.
There MUST be a solution. PLEASE!
Most importantly on page one of the form I capture people's contact details. What page 1 were to become a separate from that linked to the second form? Could the details from the first form be piped to hidden fields on the second from?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on November 02, 2015 at 11:49 AM
Unfortunately it is not possible to save data if form is not submitted.
What my colleague suggested on other thread is option to use Auto Fill Feature.
Auto Fill method is based on browser local storage. It is saving the form data on users browser, so user can open the form later and he/she will see the past data. Note - user will need to use same browser to access data.
Other option that you can use is: How to save form to continue later (Session method)
The Session method is saving the data on our servers. With this method you will need to use two forms, one for session generation and second as primary. Then users will be able to access their sessions from any locations.
With Session method you will be able to pass data from your first form to your second form.
Hope this will help. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- aspirebrokersAnswered on November 02, 2015 at 04:45 PMThanks so much. Not the perfect solution as it required another click by
users but it will do :)
Are there any plans to capture details from each page like survey monkey
64 21 285 3061
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on November 02, 2015 at 08:50 PM
No plans yet, but we can add this as a feature request.
- aspirebrokersAnswered on November 03, 2015 at 06:45 AMHi,
Would it be possible for me to get someone to build a widget that captured
the initial contact details I wanted and sent them to a database before
people complete the entire form? I noticed on the SMS verification widget
that the phone number is sent to an external database prior to the form
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on November 03, 2015 at 10:14 AM
Thank you for replying back.
I've forwarded this to our developers as a feature request. We will inform you on this thread any updates regarding the issue.
If you need any additional assistance, please do not hesitate contacting us. We will be glad to assist you.
- aspirebrokersAnswered on November 03, 2015 at 04:45 PMThanks. What I ment was can I get my own developer to build a widget with
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on November 03, 2015 at 05:51 PM
Yes, you can create your widget and submit it for approval, please read this for more details: