JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Can I set up an expense form that can be forwarded to a manager for approvalAsked by emilysternberg on November 02, 2015 at 03:24 PM
I'm creating an expense form and need to have managers be able to approve the reimbursement before the form is emailed to our payables department. Is that possible on a Jot Form?
Thank you for contacting us.
It should be possible with us. As a possible scenario:
1) Add the approval field(s) to your form. We have a guide for a Text Box approve field, but you can actually use any fields.
2) Add an Email Notification or Autoresponder for your manager with an edit submission link inside. There is a link to related guide.
3) Add an additional Email Notification which will be sent once the submission is edited (approved) by the manager. The following guide might help.
You can also take a look at other support forum threads to get better understanding on available options.
- Does jotform have logical workflow and approval routing functions?
- How can I create approval workflow in JotForm?
- Workflow Approval
- How do I create an approval type form?
- How to create an approval workflow, send form data to another form after each submission?
If you have any follow up questions, please let us know. We will be happy to help.
This is helpful. However, I need the person completing the form to direct the form to his/her manager for approval. We have several departments and I can't assign the review of this form to just one email address. Is it possible to have the user direct the form to the appropriate approver?
Yes, that's explained on this guide as also suggested by my colleague. https://www.jotform.com/help/167-How-to-send-to-a-specific-email-address-based-on-a-selection
Here's another example:
You can use email condition to send notifications to different email address depending on the selected answer or choices of the user completing the form.
If you need further assistance, let us know.
I have the conditions set up to send notification to each manager, but the manager can't apply his/her approval as the email is just a notification. How can I capture the managers' approvals?
You would need to add an additional field in the approval section to capture their approvals. Something like in this setup with the admin section: