- cleverlyengagedAsked on November 02, 2015 at 04:14 PM
I'd like the ability to pull in a name, from the name field into a second form within a text box. Can this be done? For example, Chris Smith enters his name in Form 1. In Form 2, I have the same name field hidden, can I then pull in his name for a text area on the second form within the instructions?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on November 02, 2015 at 08:24 PM
Of course, you can do that, If you want to send the information to another form, you can refer to this guide :
You will have to get the source code of your form and then paste it in your custom thank you page.
If you need more help, feel free to contact us.
- cleverlyengagedAnswered on November 02, 2015 at 10:55 PM
Thanks that is helpful, but above and beyond what I need. I am interested in how to use Jotform data on a webpage (not jotform) so thanks for sharing that.
However, what about within Jotform itself? i.e. is there a shortcut like inserting [name] that can be added into a jotform textbox that simply pulls in the name field?
- JackAnswered on November 02, 2015 at 11:49 PM
These threads with solutions might be of help:
- JackAnswered on November 02, 2015 at 11:53 PM
But if you'll just pass values between different fields within the same form, this would be the user guide: