- NGHSAsked on November 03, 2015 at 03:52 PM
I create a lot of forms for our organization. It is a big challenge to keep information straight about each form (ex: where each form is being used, what Google accounts are used in integration, to whom I have sent the integrated Google Spreadsheet, etc...)
Is there a "Notes" section of each form where I can save helpful arbitrary internal info about the form that will not be used in the form itself?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on November 03, 2015 at 08:48 PM
Currently, there's no specific area where notes can be added but as a workaround you can add a hidden box to the form and when you edit the submission you would be able to see that field and enter info. Please see this guide and inform us if this would work for your purposes.
- NGHSAnswered on November 04, 2015 at 09:19 AM
Abajan, thanks for the input. I also realized that possibility, but opted-out because it could contain email addresses we would not want the public to have access to. Even in a hidden field, if it exists in the DOM, certain folks could simply add display styles to see the notes box.
Please consider sending this to the development team to add to your already amazing product!
- CharlieAnswered on November 04, 2015 at 01:40 PM
Could you tell us more on how you are visualizing it?
I'm thinking that each form (not submissions) will have somewhat "Notes" section under the "More" option.
From the notes features section, you can just add text or description on the form itself. Is this what you are visualizing? Or you are referring to adding notes to each submission itself?
We'll wait for your response.
- NGHSAnswered on November 04, 2015 at 02:45 PM
Charlie, I think you are right on point. There are two good places for it, and clicking would show a basic WYSIWYG editor (formatting only) with 'Save' and 'Cancel' buttons.
- BenAnswered on November 04, 2015 at 06:10 PM
Thank you for the screenshot, seems that you not only have good ideas, but some graphic skills as well :)
I can not find a thread, but if I remember correctly this was already requested before, but I will raise this again to see if it can be added.
Now we can not make any guarantee about this being a feature in JotForm or that it would be available at some time, but if it is and as soon as it is we will update you about this through this thread.
For now, the alternative that would be available to multiple people, fast to load and offer similar thing might be the something like:
1. using PasteBin to save the Form ID and the details would allow you to have one link to share with others, which opens quickly and can have the needed data, although it might not be as practical
2. Using note addons - I know that there are quite a few great ones: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-note-taking-add-ons-for-firefox/
I would recommend to check the second option either as a current alternative or as something that you will be able to use regardless of the notes section.
* I am still raising this to our developers for consideration.
- NGHSAnswered on November 05, 2015 at 10:07 AM
Ben, thanks for the help! I'll try working on my process a little better. And thanks for the compliments!