- gemaiAsked on November 03, 2015 at 06:32 PM
I have imported data into one of my forms using the Import App (http://www.jotform.com/help/308-Import-App-Easily-import-your-Excel-or-CSV-data-into-JotForm).
The process went fine and now my form has the correct number of submissions (6 existing ones + 206 imported from the Excel file). But when I go to the associated Google sheet, I only can see my 6 original submissions, not the imported ones. Why is that?
- CharlieAnswered on November 04, 2015 at 01:27 AM
You might need to remove the Google Spreadsheet integration then re-integrate it again so that the imported submissions will be loaded in the spreadsheet.
I believe the spreadsheet updates based from the submission it actually receives, if you have imported the submissions using the Import Data app, then it will probably not reload them in the spreadsheet.
Let us know if re-integrating will reload all the submissions in the sheet.
- gemaiAnswered on November 04, 2015 at 03:26 PM
Yep, I've tried that but still the same: the GSheet only shows the original submissions.
I am doing this exercise because we want to replace our existing form (integrated with a GSheet). My original idea was to put the new form in place, integrate it with a new GSheet (changes in column names, additional columns) and then import the existing data in the new format to the new GSheet. In the past I copied the data instead of importing it and I eventually lost all the copied data - not the new submissions - when I had to reintegrate the form.
What's the best approach there?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on November 04, 2015 at 07:03 PM
Import is based on our API, and such imported entries do not trigger emails and integrations.
The following scenario should work.
1) Import entries to the form.
2) Enable integration. If it is already enabled, you will need to completely remove it and then add it back. It will import all the entries.
3) Add changes to your integrated spreadsheet if needed (you should not change existing label names). Also, form modifications are not recommended for customized spreadsheets. If you update any field label on the form, associated google spreadsheet will be changed back to its default format with the next form submission.